Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Kiwis vs. Earthworms

It just started to snow again. I am sitting in my office, on the fourth floor of an old, concrete, sometimes leaky behemoth on the hill overlooking the city. I am wearing my balaclava, summoning the motivation to cram my notebooks in my backpack and jump on my bike, and peddle the four miles to work. It's snowing. AGAIN! 

Things are starting to speed up and my time is ticking down in weeks, not days. Four weeks from today, I will hand my thesis to my committee. Six weeks, I will defend my thesis. Eight weeks, I will leave! Yesterday, I got our PCT permits in the mail and zipped over to the bar to open them with the boyfriend. Today, I killed an hour of crucial thesis-writing time researching the cost of bulk dried fruit on Amazon. Figs and raisins were cheaper online, the rest were cheaper at the grocery store.

How am I supposed to find the time to write about earthworms when there is dried kiwi shopping to be done!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, i know exactly how you feel... I should be researching Experience Sampling Method and Flow Theory, but instead, I read blogs and buy dried veggies....
    Do you know North Bay Trading Co. ? They have an amazing selection, and the price is not too bad.
    I will be leaving in 3 weeks, heading for th US and then on the 25th of April, start at the southern terminus.
    It seems kinda scary how close everything gets...

    Hope to see you on the trail...
    Greetings from Germany,
    Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG ME TOO! I should be editing a paper on plant adaptation but instead I've got my dehydrator rolling and I'm catching up on my blog! Haha! Good luck on your thesis, and maybe I'll see you out there on the PCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that I'm not alone! I can't wait to have no computer screen to stare at.

    ReplyDelete